*Deal Of The Day* Hohner Extra Large Flex Case & Harp Blaster Mic Bundle. Includes Free USA Shipping.
HOHNER presents three new harmonica storage and transport solutions, the “FlexCases”.
Their sturdy construction and practical design makes them ideal for use on stage.
This is the Extra Large FlexCase. You can find the medium case here and the large case here.
- Maximum configurational flexibility: thanks to a partly removable foam inlay, the FlexCase XL accommodates either 48 diatonic harmonicas, or 30 diatonic harmonicas plus two 12-hole chromatic harmonicas, or 30 diatonic harmonicas plus one 16-hole chromatic harmonica. Depending on the combination of the above, also a vocal microphone, a bullet microphone with lead, or numerous accessories and tools can fit in
- The foam inlay protects each harmonica individually and thus avoids scratches or dents
- Harmonicas are stored vertically, so that all of them can be seen at a glance in performance situations
- The detachable tool bag is affixed with velcro, permitting the player to take instruments in carry-on baggage when travelling by air, while the tools can be packed in the checked baggage
- Another bag, which can be either used for a chromatic harmonica, or to store the shoulder strap when not in use, is also attached with Velcro strips
- The FlexCase XL can be closed entirely with a zipper for trouble-free transportation
- A hand strap and a removable shoulder strap ensure optimal carrying comfort
- Dimensions: 14.5 X 8.5 X 5 inches. Weight: 2.07235 LBS.
- FlexCase XL
- Detachable tool bag
- Detachable bag for chromatic harmonica or shoulder straps
- Removable shoulder straps
Harmonicas and tools not included
"I really like this mic. It's giving me what I'm looking for – which is warm and fat. I've got a ton of vintage mics that I like, but I baby them...this is sturdy. I feel confident I can just walk into a gig with this and say 'give me a mic line'."
- Mickey Raphael -
Willie Nelson, Chris Stapleton, Paul Simon, Elton John, U2, Jason Isbell
The Harp Blaster HB52: The new standard in harp microphones.
Introducing the Harp Blaster HB52 dynamic harmonica microphone: an exciting collaboration between HOHNER and sE Electronics.
Based on the inspiration from a select group of professional players and modeled after the sound of legendary vintage harp microphones, the Harp Blaster HB52 sets a new standard. Designed as the perfect channel for the artist’s creative output, it’s comfortable to hold, cup, and use for long periods of time, ensuring that the music can flow unhindered and achieve maximum sonority and expression. Suited to the needs of touring professionals, engineered to uncompromising standards, it combines fantastic sound quality with optimal ease of use and maximum durability.
It’s no secret that many contemporary harmonica microphones are sonically and physically lacking in comparison to their vintage counterparts. We set out to change that.
Introducing the Harp Blaster HB52, designed with passion and high attention to detail by HOHNER® and sE Electronics, specifically for today’s players.
Instead of looking at competing products to sculpt the Harp Blaster’s sound, we took our inspiration from a select group of professional players. The goal was to create an exceptional mic ideally suited to their needs, engineered to uncompromising standards, combining fantastic sound quality with optimal ease of use and maximum durability. After all, if a microphone can become a seamless extension of the artist’s emotive output – rather than a distraction of an obstacle – the music can flow unhindered and achieve maximum sonority and expression. Together, HOHNER and sE chased down this ideal, creating a state-of-the-art product that will satisfy the most discerning harmonica player.
Combining sE’s experience in dynamic capsules and acoustic design with HOHNER’s unrivalled competence in harmonicas for more than 160 years, the Harp Blaster meets the highest expectations of performing musicians and demanding sound engineers.
Perfectly sized for easy cupping and handling, the highly reactive capsule responds directly to your hand technique and your musical expression. Moreover, the Harp Blaster HB52 was designed with input from professional harp players to ensure that it’s comfortable to hold, cup, and use for long periods of time. The high output level and high impedance will drive your amp properly without the need for any impedance converters, boost pedals or stomp boxes. In addition to its handy dimensions, the flat and sleek grille of the Harp Blaster ensures a tight cup and facilitates powerful hand effects.
The Harp Blaster HB52 is a serious modern microphone using highest quality components. Handcrafted completely out of metal, it boasts a thick die cast body with zinc alloy parts and chrome detailing. Not only will it withstand the uniquely brutal conditions a harp mic can face on a nightly basis; it will do so while enabling vastly superior tone in comparison to other harmonica microphones.
The mic features a volume control utilizing a Bourns® potentiometer and a diamond-pattern knurled chrome knob, making it slip-proof and reliable. If you’d prefer not to have a volume control, it can be disabled internally.
We opted to use an XLR jack, as opposed to an attached cable, a 1/4” jack or a screw-on connector, to avoid a common Achilles’ heel among harmonica microphones. An attached cable can easily suffer a broken solder joint, transforming the mic into a paperweight until it can be repaired. An XLR jack provides better connectivity, that won’t become noisy or fussy over time like a screw-on connector or 1/4” jack, and its internal locking mechanism adds extra signal security – in case the cable gets tugged, snagged, or stepped on. However, the locking mechanism of the HB52’s XLR socket is also easily disabled, if that’s your preference.
As mentioned earlier, this microphone is not delicate. In the throes of performing, you can drop it, kick it, and/or drive nails with it. It is built to be a roadworthy tool. Just do us a favor and don’t submerge it in boiling water, or anything similarly ridiculous. Barring that, it should last a lifetime!
Compact size. Big sound. Easy to use.
- perfectly sized for easy cupping and handling
- designed as a seamless extension of the artist’s emotive output to achieve maximum sonority and musical expression
- highly reactive capsule to capture dynamic playing and hand articulation
- flat and sleek grille facilitates tight enclosure of your harmonica
Vintage sound paired with modern precision
- modeled after the sound of legendary vintage harp microphones
- developed with leading harmonica players to meet the most demanding requirements
- state-of-the-art manufacturing for unparalleled consistency
- high-quality components and rugged metal parts for maximum durability
The heart of the Harp Blaster: the capsule
- Combining sE’s experience in dynamic capsules and acoustic design with HOHNER’s competence in harmonicas for more than 160 years
- the highly reactive capsule responds directly to your hand articulation and your musical expression
- high output level and high impedance will drive your amp properly without the need for any impedance converters, boost pedals or stomp boxes
- proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and finest workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency
- unlike ceramics / piezo-electric transducers, the dynamic capsule is not sensitive to being dropped onto hard surfaces, withstands harsh environmental conditions and will remain consistent in sound for years to come
Boutique features meet state-of-the-art manufacturing
- hand-crafted at sE’s very own factory with highest attention to detail
- exclusive hammer painting for a great look and maximum durability
- polished and chromatized grille lets you shine on stage for years
- quality Bourns® potentiometer for precise volume adjustment
- If you’d prefer not to have a volume control, it can be disabled internally
- chromatized, diamond-pattern knurled volume knob for slip-proof and reliable control
- robust gold-plated XLR connector for reliable, loss free signal flow
- Pin 1 - shield, Pin 2 - hot, Pin 3 - OPEN
All-metal housing – no fragile plastic parts
- highly durable die-cast zinc alloy designed to withstand years of use on stage
- road-ready, dent-proof and corrosion-free material and finishing for perfect reliability
- all-metal chassis construction built to the highest standards, without any plastic parts
- this microphone is not delicate. In the throes of performing, you can drop it, kick it, and/or drive nails with it.
Gold-plated XLR connector
- Unlike attached cables, the cable can be replaced quickly and easily with an off-the-shelf cable
- In contrast to an 1/4” jack or a screw-on connector, the reliable and proven XLR jack is far more robust, provides better connectivity and won’t become noisy or fussy over time
- its internal locking mechanism adds extra signal security – in case the cable gets tugged, snagged, or stepped on
- if preferred, the locking mechanism of the XLR connector can be disabled
- gold-plated contacts ensure a loss-free and reliable signal connection for years to come
- XLR Cable NOT included. XLR to 1/4 cable or XLR to XLR with a XLR F to 1/4 M adapter will also work.
- Pin 1 - shield, Pin 2 - hot, Pin 3 - OPEN (Not like the Hohner BluesBlaster)
- more info from SE https://seelectronics.com/products/hb52/
- PLEASE NOTE: The two cables we offer in the ADD ONS work perfectly with a amp 1/4 female input. Yes, one is a stereo plug. But, once it is input to a amp it goes to mono. Again, we have tested both cables on a Pignose 60 watt tube amp.
We Also Recommend
Deal of the Day Suzuki SBH-21/BR-21 Baritone includes Free USA Shipping
*Deal Of The Day* Suzuki Grégoire Maret G-48 Chromatic. Includes Free USA Shipping.
Deal Of The Day Hohner Harp Blaster Harmonica Microphone with Strukture 1/4" M to XLR F 20' Cable Includes USA Shipping
*Deal Of The Day* Hohner Chromonica 64 280/64 C 16 Hole M28001 AND Hohner Extra Large Flex Case Bundle. Includes Free USA Shipping.