Seydel 1847 Classic Diatonic Standard Richter includes Free USA Shipping
The first serial-produced Richter-diatonic harmonica with stainless steel reeds
If you add valves it cost $12 and can take up to three weeks for delivery. Seydel will install your valves and ship direct to you. Info on Valves available here.
- Full and loud, overtone-rich sound and extremely fast tone-response due to stainless steel reeds
- Very long durability and even with heavy duty playing - stainless steel reeds and stainless steel rivets
- Less air-loss due to fine-cut reedplates - optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reedplate
- Beard- and lip-friendly - coverplates with rounded edges without any cuts at the mouthpiece and ergonomic built hole-openings and rounded dividers
- The overtone-rich sound can spread out undampened - covers made of extra strong stainless steel sheet (0.4mm), opened wide at the back and crimped and therefore a good stability and rounded edges
- moisture-proof, swelling-free maple-comb, sealed with multiple layers of food-safe finish
The 1847, a harmonica, that impresses from innovation but nevertheless fits all traditional demands - a master's instrument for maximum ambitions.
The 1847 is the result of Seydel's 160-year of experience in manufacturing high-quality harmonicas. Also available with plastic combs, the 1847SILVER or in a set.
...some customer statements obtained lately (April 2007):
"OH MY GOD!! And thank God! This is the BADDEST harp in the world!!!" (Jimi Lee)
"That 1847 is an awesome harp, great tone and superb workmanship. In my opinion the 1847 is every bit as good as you would get from one of the better customizers. And I have harps from the better customizers..." (Dennis Fischette)
SEYDEL's Next Generation High Tuned Harmonicas: ranging from high G (HG) to high Bb (HBb). The 1847 HBb is the highest tuned Blues-Harmonica in the world - of course with Stainless Steel reeds.
SEYDEL's Next-Generation High-Harmonicas: the highest pitched Blues harmonica in the world - with new soprano design & Stainless Steel reeds.
The 1847 CLASSIC High is now available in high tunings, redesigned to include a 20% thinner comb (5.2mm instead of 6.2mm). Available keys range from HG (high G) up to HBb (high B flat). This innovation expands our 1847 line of Stainless Steel reed harmonicas to include the extreme soprano range.
SEYDEL’s 1847 HBb is the highest tuned diatonic harmonica worldwide.
In comparison to the 'standard tuned' models, high-tuned harmonicas offer a powerful brilliant and carrying sound making them an excellent choice for soloing, even without using an amplifier. This considerably extends the range of application and opens many new possibilities for harmonica players.
To get the desired sound out of the high-tuned models the notes need less space. The resonance chamber, decreased by the 20% thinner comb (fully sealed maple wood) of the 1847 High models, helps the player to form a smaller mouth cavity (like vocalizing an "e") thus producing the rich and penetrating sound with a very fast tonal response.
PT Valving takes a couple weeks.
We Also Recommend
Lee Oskar Diatonic Harmonica 1910, 1910N, 1910H, 1910MM includes Free USA Shipping