Seydel PowerChromatic SAXONY Key G includes Free USA Shipping
2-3 week wait
PowerChromatic SAXONY tuning - very versatile special tuning for playing any musical style. Please note if we do not have them in stock, the PowerChromatic variant is produced on demand! Therefore delivery might take 2-3 weeks.
The PowerChromatic is a half-valved chromatic harmonica with 12 holes, 48 traditional stainless steel reeds - model SAXONY with aluminium comb and trapezoidal-shaped mouthpiece.
Brendan invented the half-valved PowerChromatic tuning in the early 1980s and has recorded extensively with it ever since then.
Here’s why it sounds so good:
- Every draw reed bends a semitone. This gives you lots of soulful expression, just like on a 10 hole diatonic harp.
- The draw bends give many of what Brendan calls “Bend Enharmonics”. That means you can get half the existing notes on the harmonica also as soulful draw bends!
- Blow Slide-In is the same as Draw-Bend Slide-Out, and Draw Slide-Out is the same as Draw-Bend Slide-In. This gives many more options for easier phrasing and a more flowing sound.
- Fully chromatic in 3 octaves with slider button, just like a solo-tuned chromatic harmonica.
- Every octave has the same breathing pattern, and the blow reed is always lower than the draw.
- You can play lots of chromatic phrases with draw-bending instead of using slider button.
- Easy to play in many different keys, as the draw-bending options mean you don’t have to use the slider button so much.
You will be amazed at how soulful a chromatic harmonica can sound when you play the half-valved PowerChromatic.
Tuning - PowerChrom
half-valved completely (draw reeds)
We Also Recommend
Andrew Zajac Custom Seydel Solist 12 Harmonica Combs LIMITED STOCK FREE USA SHIPPING
BUNDLE: Dabell Story, Noble, and Contender 3 Harp Deal YOU PICK KEYS Includes Free USA Shipping