Seydel VOLCANY. Includes Free USA Shipping!!
Unique: comb, mouthpiece and sound cover are made of solid brass , polished and lacquered - the heart of the instrument are our tried and tested stainless steel reeds. This unique combination of soft and hard materials ensures an amazing feel and an exquisite sound ! The VOLCANY Chromatic - THE ERUPTION OF SOUND.
• High-precision brass comb, polished to a high gloss and with a special coating
• Sound cover made of highly polished brass; Special coating with very good sliding properties - very lip-friendly, wide open on the back - for undamped emission of the sound rich in overtones
• Mouthpiece with very good sliding properties made of highly polished brass with a special coating; crescent-shaped and with round canal openings
• Slider package - optimized for improved airtightness; very good mobility due to fixed tolerances between the mouthpiece and slide track
• full, loud sound and quick response through the use of stainless steel reeds: very durable and tuning stable even under heavy use
• Less air consumption thanks to optimized nickel silver reed plates - optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between tongue and slot
• Reliable ventilation - proven valve material (knobbed)
• in solo or orchestra tuning
• Total weight of the instrument: 440 g / 15.5 oz
More great info here
Tip: Mouthpiece, airtightness and mouthpice screws of the VOLCANY Chromatic
On the VOLCANY the space in between the moutpiece and the comb is defined by the construction of the slider basis and the mouthpiece itself.
The tolerance is as is and the mouthpiece cannot be altered to be even more airtight by fastening the mouthpiece screws more and more. In fact the winding in the comb can suffer a lot by fastening the mouthpiece screws to tightly.