Andrew Zajac Reed Replacement Kit Free USA Shipping
"You don't need to throw away a harmonica because of a blown reed."
- Stainless steel reed replacement screws (75 pieces screws and washers)
- M1.4 tap and pin vise
- 3/64" drill bit
- Reed removal spine
- Hardened and tempered O1 steel reed removal pin
- Flattening pin
Two types of screws are provided. 5mm Phillips head screws are easy to handle but require trimming once in place. The shorter flat head screws are harder to pick up with your fingers but don't need to be cut. (Dip your screwdriver in Vaseline to make the tiny screw stick to the tip!) Washers are a big help to keep the reed in place as you tighten the screw.
You will need some extra items. These items are so common that I chose not to include them in the kit to keep the cost down. They are easily found at a hardware store for less than a total of $10.
Items you will need (not included):
- Small Phillips head screwdriver
- flush cutting pliers
- A brick or a small anvil. (Or something else that's flat and heavy.)
- Flat sanding surface (a flat board and a sheet of 220 grit sandpaper - the same thing as in preparing a reed plate for a flat comb) and a little extra sandpaper.
- 1/16", 5/64" and 3/32" drill bit
- small hammer
- A reed wrench (you won't find this in a hardware store... Click below to add one to the kit.)
- New reeds. You can scavenge a new reed from another reed plate or contact Hohner or Seydel and buy individual reeds from them.
Recommended items (not included)
- drill press (for Suzuki harmonicas)
We Also Recommend
Andrew Zajac Basic Diatonic Harmonica Tool Kit - Grobet Version includes Free USA Shipping